P1- mentions grass shacks
P4- his lantern lit apartment
P5- Mud daub house
– No electricity, no clean water, minimal health care and unaffordable education.
P9- small living room
– Water basin to wash hands
Chapter 2: NONE
P22- Window shutters were used to keep bugs out.
– Door was open but curtain hung from it
P23- There is a kitchen building which held the fire.
– Benches where near doors for seating
Chapter 4: NONE
Chapter 5: NONE
Chapter 6: NONE
Chapter 7: NONE
P62- they were in the bedroom packing
P70- the sitting room was dimly lit with a paraffin lantern.
– The kitchen fire
P71- Two bedroom daub house- Parents used one bedroom and his 2 sisters and he shared the other windowless room.
– The room then got to small and there was no circulation in the windowless room. He was then suggested to sleep in the sitting room near the rear of the house.
– He would wait until everyone was in the house for the night and lay Bishansha, banana leaves and mats on the floor to sleep on.
P72- Wooden poles for framing
– The kitchen has a dirt floor
P73- Dug post holes to begin building home
P75- We mixed obudongo, mud cement to hold the four corner posts in place.
P76- squeezing fistfuls of mud between reeds at the corners of the home being built
– Constructed roof with wood
P77- Built bed with poles, reeds, and covered them with banana leaf mats.
– Bought door
– Covered windows with woven reeds.
Chapter 10: NONE
Chapter 11: NONE
P98- Combined family of 9 shared a 2 room house with dirt floors and a leaking roof.
P104- Bruno has a 7 mile house
– Master house
– 4 buildings on Bruno’s compound. Three in which were in disrespect(bad shape)
– In the house, a film of dirt covered everything.
P105- The lanterns were empty (no paraffin) and there was very little food.
Chapter 14: NONE
P111- No electricity, running water, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, clothes, washers or vacuum cleaners
P116- Door made of a curtain
– Sofa, chair and lanterns
Chapter 16: NONE
Chapter 17: NONE
Chapter 18: NONE
Chapter 19: NONE
P149- real kitchen would consist of brick walls, a cement floor and a hearth.
Chapter 21: NONE
Chapter 22: NONE
Chapter 23: NONE
P182- (Amin) He possessed twelve room house with an iron roof, corrals out back and a banana plantation off to the side.
– In the center room he had a large table surrounded by chairs.
Chapter 25: NONE
Chapter 26: NONE
Chapter 27: NONE
Chapter 28: NONE
Chapter 29: NONE
Chapter 30: NONE
Chapter 31: NONE
Chapter 32: NONE