Topic: The Asylum Process
Part 1: No Mention
Part 2: No Mention
- Pg. 265: Halima meets the agent who has been hired to assist with her escape from Sudan. His services will cost eight million Sudanese pounds.
- Pg. 267: Halima is given very specific instructions from her agent as to how she should behave on her journey.
- Pg. 269: Halima finally learns that she is traveling to London, England.
- Pg. 272: Once in London, Halima is told to approach two police officers and inform them that she was seeking asylum.
- Pg. 274: Halima is interrogated by a white man who appears to be a British government official.
- Pg. 276: Photographed for ID
- Pg. 277: Asylum Hostel
- Pg. 278: Stays in hostel for 2 months. Becomes ill.
- Pg. 282: After four months, Halima resettled to Newcastle. Makes contact with husband.
- Pg 284: Sharif suggests that Halima come live with him.
- Pg 285: Mention of corruption in asylum system.
- Pg. 291: Halima is required to report to a center to sign and be fingerprinted each week.
- Pg. 297: Asylum seekers not allowed to work.
- Pg. 301: Sharif hides from police attempting to arrest him.